During the Easter period twice as many dogs attend the Vets with chocolate poisoning.

Thousands of animals are treated annually for reactions to “theobromine” – a naturall occuring stmulant found in cocoa beans which affects the central nervous system and heart and can be deadly to dogs.

Dogs metabolism can not cope with the simulant – it can cause vomiting, diarrhoea and dehydration. The size of the dog and the type of chocolate consumed is very important.

As a general rule the darker and more expensive the chocolate the more poisonous it is to dogs.

Please do not think “My dog is a great big Lab so a little chocolate won’t ‘urt it” Any dog can have an adverse reaction to chocolate.

Be safe you enjoy your eggs, etc……….let the dogs have dog treats.